What is Student Services?
The Student Services program is a federally funded program which provides remediation to students in career and technical classes. The Carl D. Perkins Act identifies six categories of students of special populations that are to benefit from this program:
- Individuals with disabilities;
- Individuals from economically disadvantaged families, including foster children;
- Individuals preparing for nontraditional fields;
- Single parents, including single pregnant women;
- Displaced homemakers; and
- Individuals with limited English proficiency.
Student Services focus on recruitment, enrollment, instruction, retention, completion, placement, and follow-up of special populations preparing for high skill, high wage occupations and/or nontraditional employment in new and emerging careers.Student Services Coordinator(s) may provide instruction for the disadvantaged career and technical student in areas including mathematics, reading, and writing in addition to any assistance needed in their career and technical classes. The instruction is coordinated with the career & technical instructor and services are delivered concurrently with enrollment in a career and technical education program.
Dionne Marshall 662.252.2071 email@example.com